Faster Searches: By predicting your search and showing results before you finish typing, Google Instant can save 2-5 seconds per search.
Smarter Predictions: Even when you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, predictions help guide your search. The top prediction is shown in grey text directly in the search box, so you can stop typing as soon as you see what you need.
Instant Results: Start typing and results appear right before your eyes. Until now, you had to type a full search term, hit return, and hope for the right results. Now results appear instantly as you type, helping you see where you’re headed, every step of the way.
Sorry, doesn’t work on iPhone’s mobile Safari just yet, but it does work in Chrome v5/6, Firefox v3, Safari v5 for Mac and Internet Explorer v8. I’ve given it a try in the latest version of Chrome and it’s actually pretty cool, too bad Google is Evil now.
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)