The rumors for the heart rate monitor (HRM) were rekindled just a few weeks ago when an official Nike+ forum member announced the Nike+ HRM would be coming June 1st. That date has come and gone, but today it’s officially out. It’s currently only compatible with the Nike+ Sportband and 5th generation iPod nano. I have a feeling it won’t be too long before we get an update (iOS 4?) for iPhone and iPod touch that supports this as well.
Also, similar to Nike+ / Apple collaboration, the HRM is manufactured by Polar.
Now you can put more heart into every run by tracking your heart rate with the new Polar Wearlink+ Transmitter. Just fit the strap snugly around your chest and take it for a spin to hear spoken feedback and see your beats per minute during your Nike+ iPod workout, or see the same information while you run with the Nike+ SportBand. And that’s just the start of it. Nikeplus.com gives you an even better read on your progress.
It’s available for purchase $69.95 on the Nike+ website.
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)