We love running here at When Will Apple, but I’m sure you already knew that. Chiyin and I got into running about a year and a half ago when we got our iPhone 3GS with built in Nike+iPod support. I tried the RunKeeper Free and the Adidas miCoach apps for a bit during that time, but I decided to stick with Nike+iPod. I’ve recently switched to the Nike+ GPS app and it works great, plus it still syncs with the same Nike+ website I’ve been using for over a year now.
Today RunKeeper announced their Pro version, which was selling well at $9.99, is now free through the end of January:
We know that many of you look at the New Year as a good time to get started with or improve upon your fitness routines. In an effort to encourage more people to get off the couch, and as a show of appreciation to the RunKeeper community for your terrific support for the last two and a half years, we’re making the RunKeeper Pro app free to download now through the end of January!
So if $1.99 price for the Nike+ GPS was enough of an excuse to give up on your New Year’s resolution, now you have no excuse!
Download in iTunes:
RunKeeper Pro [Free]
Nike+ GPS [$1.99]
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)