TUAW is reporting that the Verizon iPhone may be available for pre-sale orders on November 9th. I know I’ve doubted all the rumors so far, but after Verizon started selling the iPad I’ve become more open minded to the idea. Still though, this doesn’t seem very Apple like. I wouldn’t imagine Apple announcing a new CDMA iPhone, especially a Verizon iPhone, without having a big press event.
Remember also that all the most recent, more concrete, rumors have stated that the “vPhone” would be shipping early next year. I highly doubt Apple would allow Verizon to pre-sale the new phone so far in the future. If it’s going to happen, I believe Apple will have a big press event sometime in January to announce the phone and its release day. Any pre-sales would be, at most, 2 weeks before the product is available.
TUAW later updated the post stating that this is the same day the Motorola Droid Pro is set for release, that’s what I’m putting my money on.
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)