According to two Facebook engineers who asked not be named because they are not authorized to speak about unreleased products, Facebook has completely rebuilt its iOS application to optimize for one thing: speed.
Not official yet, but the makes sense considering Facebook trying to prove it can flourish in the mobile environment. Basically the current app is just a HTML 5 web app inside of a iOS app shell. If this changes to a true native iOS app, this will definitely improve speed, but should fix a lot of other headaches and bugs we’ve all had using this app.
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)