You can now upload those full 720P videos right from you iPhone 4! Now I have a reason to buy iMovie for iPhone.
Pixelpipe [iTunes] allows you to send videos to any social media outlet of your choosing, they support some I haven’t even heard of. They limit you to 200MB upload, but that should be plenty. The app also supports task completion multitasking, so you can leave the app and do something else while uploading that huge HD movie to YouTube. The app is free, just need to register with the website.
The app works pretty well, but it could use some work. For example, the layout of the media is in a single column, it would be much nicer if it mimicked the system photo app. Being able to filter by movie /picture and date range would also be a nice plus.
I am a bit confused overall on how to connect all these pipes (YouTube, Twitter, etc.) to an upload. I created one pipe for YouTube and set it to “default” mode. After uploading a video to Pixelpipe, it did appear on YouTube shortly thereafter. Not sure exactly how to select which video sites you would want on a video by video basis. I just started using this, so I’m sure I have much to learn. Hopefully with user interface improvements on the app and website this will really come together.
So yeah, like I said it’s free so go give it a try for yourself!
Here is the full list of features and sites Pixelpipe works with:
What’s New In This Version:
- Full 720p video uploads from the iPhone 4 from the camera roll up to 200MB each video
- Mult-selection of media for upload
- Background uploading
- Fixes thumbnail layout issue with iPhone 4
- Photo & video upload up to 200MB each file
- Background uploading
- Ability to add and configure services from the application Settings or from at pixelpipe.com
- Option to save time and bandwidth by reducing resolution in advance of upload
MySpace, Facebook, hi5, Friendster, Vox, Bebo, Orkut, Xanga, Hyves.net, Skyrock, Sonico
Twitter, TwitVid, FriendFeed, TwitPic, Plurk, identi.ca, twitgoo, Jaiku, yfrog, Google Talk, Tweetphoto, LinkedIn, foursquare, Status.net, Yahoo Meme
Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, Nokia Ovi, MobileMe, Smugmug, ImageShack, Webshots, Zooomr, Fotki, 23hq, ipernity, Shutterfly, Kodak Gallery, Snapfish, Gallery Menalto, DropShots, tinypic, Windows Live Spaces, OurDoings, locr, Realtimefarms, blipfoto.com, Dailybooth,
YouTube, blip.tv, 12seconds.tv, Viddler, Dailymotion, kewego, Metacafe, Motionbox
Blogger, TypePad, WordPress, tumbler, LiveJournal, Atom, MetaWeblog, MovableType, Drupal
Posterous, ping.fm, Mobypicture
box.net, drop.io, Acrobat.com, DropBox
FTP, Email, qipit, Scribd, Evernote, Slideshare, Sendspace
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)