Jablickar.cz (via AppleInsider) were sent some pictures and videos taken with an iPhone 4 from a Czech user testing it. So I immediately went to check my numbers from my post, “With iPhone 4’s improved camera and HD video, should I go 32GB?”
The average picture size came out to about 2.6MB, just a touch of my estimate of 2.7MB.
The video came out to 1.39 MB / second (12844 KB file size / 9 secs / 1024) which translates to 83.4 MB / min. You’ll remember my final estimates were 79 MB / min (60:1 compression ratio) – 118 MB / min (40:1 compression ratio that the 3GS uses). So like I was thinking the improved hardware and battery life allowed Apple to crank up the compression ratio closer to my 60:1 estimate I calculated last year.
I have attached a sample picture and video below, just click on them to open a new window to view or right click and save link as to download the full size:
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)