The iPhone blog reports on a small, but pretty serious issue with iPhone 3.0:
Matt Janssen has discovered what looks like a bug in iPhone 3.0 Spotlight, whereby the search feature keeps emails in the index/cache even after they’ve been deleted from the inbox and purged from the trash (and even obliterated from the host server). Janssen claims in the video above he’s found emails he deleted several months ago using this method.
UPDATE Tested with both POP3 and IMAP accounts and was not able to reproduce the bug
UPDATE 2 Related Post: How the 3.1 spotlight email bug fix seems to work
Below you can see a video of iPhone 3.1 no longer showing the deleted emails in spotlight
Here is the video of iPhone 3.0 with the bug
Follow me on Twitter @justin_horn
- More details on the iPad mini new multitouch feature
- iPad Mini predictions
- Zune still the butt of jokes, this time on the Simpsons
- AT&T LTE No Service: Too many LTE iPhone 5 users?
- iPhone 5 cellular usage while on WIFI bug affects AT&T users as well
- Tim Cook responds to iOS 6 Map app issues in public letter
- iPhone 5 screen vs iPhone 4: Really close up
- iPhone 5 line at 5th Ave Apple Store (Updated 11PM)